It’s finally July: the fireflies are out, the sunny skies are here to stay, and the pool waves lap gently. What better invitation for summer shenanigans? But, before you run outside, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Take a minute before firing up the grill to read these barbecue and food tips.
- Swim safe with these suggestions.
- Bug bites aren’t fun. Let’s avoid them.
- We all know sunburns hurt. This website will help you pick the right sun protection.
Now, some ways to celebrate summer! We know laughing is one of the keys to wellness, so gather your friends and family to try out one of these DIY games (get ready to chuckle!):
- A real-life version of Words With Friends will get you away from electronics; play Lawn Scrabble using cardboard squares and markers in your backyard.
- Giant Colorblock Jenga: when you thought the stakes couldn’t get any higher. All you need is wood and paint.
- This one’s for the brave: Backyard Kerplunk. The bigger the scale, the better the game.
- A DIY Bottle Ring Toss is environmentally friendly and easy. A few cheerful colors of paint and some old bottles, and you’re set.
- Get a head start in your next water balloon fight with the reusable Sponge Water Bombs (and you don’t have to pick up bits of rubber after).
- Show off your bowling talents at home with Gnome Bowling—just gather soda bottles, a tennis ball, and paint. If you’re really feeling crafty, you can even make your own Bowling Alley.
- Ever made a Human Bubble? Find a wading pool, a hula hoop, and some homemade bubble solution to create the ultimate spectacle.
Sometimes, all you need is your backyard and arts and crafts to get the most entertainment. These long, summer days allow for more time outside with friends and family so take advantage and have a fun, fantastic, and safe July!