/ˈkīn(d)nəs/ (noun): the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate
World Kindness Day takes place on November 13th. I know what you’re thinking: we should be kind every day. However, in this busy world we tend to be more focused on “me” instead of “we”. We aren’t bad people, things just happen in our own lives that deter us from paying attention to the lives of others. World Kindness Day is recognized in 28 different countries as a day to be more conscious about how we treat others. When we perform kind acts, we are spreading humanity. World Kindness Day is simply a day in which we are conscious about our actions toward others.
- Give compliments to those around you. These are free, take no time, and can often make a person’s day.
- Invite someone out to lunch. If you’re feeling extra kind, you could even pick up the tab.
- Call a family member just to say “hi”. If they don’t answer, leave a personal message to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Give someone a high five. They still have the same effect as they did when we were younger, I promise.
- Hold the door for someone and smile. Smiles are still contagious!
Don’t forget to perform acts of kindness for others on November 13th. Who knows, someone might do something for you too. If you want to share your acts on social media, don’t forget to add #WorldKindnessDay and any of OneDigital’s value drivers (#personal, #optimistic, etc) in the caption.