So far, this fall season has brought us sweaters, pumpkin flavored everything, and colorful scenery. What more could we want, an extra hour of sleep perhaps? That’s right, it’s almost that time of year again…the dark ages. Well, maybe not that dark. It is, however, about to be the end of Daylight Savings. This change officially starts November 5th at 2:00am so remember to set your clocks an hour behind!
Did you know…
- Benjamin Franklin half-jokingly proposed the idea of Daylight Savings a century before it was implemented?
- Daylight Savings was proposed by a bug collector in New Zealand in 1895?
- the concept was originally adopted in 1974 to save us money on energy needs?
- this change actually raises overall energy consumption by 1%?
- Arizona ignores the “springing forward and falling back” trend?
- the change happens at 2:00am so that most people aren’t awake to notice it?
You may not be able to control what happens outside, but you can rest easy for that extra hour. Remember to set your clocks back an hour the night before November 5th!