In our recent issue of Fresh Thinking Magazine, we introduced a new system, Workday, that will house all efforts under Payroll, Recruitment and Talent Management, to name a few. Your first interaction with Workday is set to kick off in early March to include your annual goal setting and review process.
This year, we are excited to introduce a couple of key enhancements to the process: business goal alignment and OneDigital Core Competencies.
When the time comes to create your 2018 goals, you will be asked to relate it to one of seven company goals. Not only will this give you a good understanding of what the company hopes to accomplish for the year, but it also allows you to realize the larger picture each of you play in our success. We’d like to encourage you to start thinking now about how your efforts connect to the 2018 goals established by OneDigital:
While there will be an “other” category for goals that don’t line up 100%, you should be able to relate at least one or two to the company’s goals.
2017 IN REVIEW
As we continue to evolve our approach to talent development, building job-specific competencies will be very important. As an initial step in that direction, we have used our value drivers as a guide to identify five competencies that are universal to any role within OneDigital. Both you and your manager will be asked to provide an assessment on your:
- Offers strategic and proactive solutions for client’s needs and requests
- Is responsive to client needs and requests.
- Provides peace of mind with each customer interaction.
- Practices fresh thinking and explores new possibilities to solve problems
- Identifies obstacles and ways to successfully overcome them
- Is focused on results and solutions
- Practices effective and thoughtful communications.
- Effectively conveys and receives ideas, information and direction
- Makes it personal by recognizing achievements and contributions of team members.
- Successfully works with others to achieve desired results.
- Instills confidence and trust in their ability to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Invests time, respect and care for colleagues, customers and community.
- Approaches every day with an optimistic attitude
- Celebrate our competitive spirit with relentless enthusiasm
We encourage you to start preparing today for the March kick-off. How do your goals align with OneDigital, and how do you exhibit the company’s core competencies?
2018 AND BEYOND
Our goal is to nurture an environment that embraces meaningful and frequent dialog between employees and managers while also providing the right support to accomplish personal and professional goals. We’re going to make the most of what our new system, Workday, has to offer, and look forward to improving this process over time.